Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Write n' roll all daaay and edit ev-er-y night!


Vacation charged me up.
I've got Skinners 3 to write.
Skinners 2 is sitting here to be edited (again).
It's all firing pretty well. I had a minor bout of, "What the hell am I doing? I'm just messing up whatever little bit of progress I've made with this book", but that's passed for the moment. Of course, that's not to say I'm crafting a masterpiece that will need no editing later on, but it's movin' right along and that's all I can ask for at this stage of the game.
Today is Comic Day, which always puts me in the Happy Zone. So far, my plan to rein myself in has been working pretty well. I'm not going to sign up for any hold lists where the shop holds my comics for me. I'm not delving into too many back issues. I'm just picking up whatever strikes my fancy on any given Wednesday. The trick with that is to resist the impulse to blindly pick up a series because I liked the last ones. That's how I fall into the trap. Must. . .keep myself. . . under CONTROL! Ooo, that reminds me. I think I want to see what's going on with Hulk.
One bad thing about being so busy is that I don't have as much time to play video games. Mostly, it's been Rock Band and Guitar Hero in between writing. Even blasting my way through Resident Evil 5 with Megan has stalled. That one stings. Sometimes, you just need to MAKE time for the important things. Nintendo has solved their storage problem for the Wii, which removes the constant cycle of erasing crap from the hard drive, copying it to an SD card and writing new stuff onto the hard drive. This also frees me up to buy from the Virtual Console again. Wait a minute, is this a good thing?

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.