Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday and I'm ok with it

Had a very nice stretch of time off, but it's over now. This weekend, Webmaster Steve came by for a visit and we didn't talk about anything remotely to do with mastering webs. I've gotten him hooked on Magic: The Gathering on XBox Live, so it was time for the real deal. Always ready to drag out my custom decks and life counters, I introduced him to the crack cocaine that is tabletop Magic. Holding those cards, savoring the art, flipping enchantments onto someone else's creatures, it all just feels so much better when you've got real cards instead of a controller in your hands. Very geeky, I know, but still very fun. Needless to say, Steve went home with some decks and the intent to teach his wife to play the game. Let's see how that works out. If she's anything like Megan, she'll be grateful he's not engaging in a seedier hobby and just indulge him for a few hands every now and then. Otherwise, she's in for a lot of whining and begging to appease him. Sound familiar Steve? Ba-zinga!! I can kid because I'm speaking from personal experience. Ahh, the trials that accompany the addiction that is Magic.

Today I start on a new manuscript. Nothing Skinners related. It's one of my Galloway westerns. Those are always a welcome change of pace. There's just something pure and elemental about a western. Gritty fun.

Played the demo for Batman: Arkham Asylum. All I can say is WOW! The fighting mechanics were simple and fluid, but had enough going on to keep it fun. Swinging around in the rafters, swooping down to kick thugs in the head, tossing the Batarangs, it just all felt like Batman! There have been so many crappy Bat games, but this one feels like a winner. Either that, or they just put all their effort into an awesome demo and let the retail version crap out. That would just be cruel.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.