Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thugs don't need no steenking motivation!!


How do you know when you’re working too hard and your brain is getting crispy around the edges? When you take a break to watch “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider – The Cradle of Life” and keep trying to look for cohesive motivation with the characters and plausible continuity that strings one major event logically into the other. Yeah…I used “logically” when talking about a Lara Croft movie. What the hell??

At the time this is written, the first Skinner book isn’t even out and won’t be out for some time. That being said, I’m still working on tons of different projects (non-Skinner at the moment) and have been writing without much of a rest for two straight weeks. Is it torture? Not hardly. Does it wear on me sometimes? Only enough to mar my enjoyment of Angelina Jolie running around in tight outfits and shooting the living hell out of everything and everyone.

Well…it marred it a little, anyway.

I found myself sitting there, watching her discuss some mystical glass ball thing and how to unlock its secrets, wondering, “Now why is she mad at these guys again?” “Why does that other guy want that glass ornament thing?” “What’s thug #5’s reason for taking that job and how come he didn’t spot some super-hot woman in spandex climbing along the roof?”

The stuff I like isn’t high literature for the most part. I enjoy many different shades of crap and appreciate it for what it is, in all its differing flavors of crappiness. (Not as gross as it sounds). Hell, the stuff I write isn’t even high literature. It’s all stuff that’s meant to be fun and entertaining. There’s plenty of serious, life altering stuff going on in the real world without someone making more of it up. Lara just needs to be enjoyed for what she is: a cool chick in tight clothes wielding big guns (pun fully intended). That’s what a lot of stuff is and should be enjoyed as such.

My name is Marcus

I like crap.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.