Sunday, May 4, 2008

Iron Man, etc.

Went and saw Iron Man this weekend. Actually, I went to see it twice. It was that good. In fact, it was one of those movies that got me all pumped and excited for spectacular summer films in general. Before the movie, there were previews for Hulk, Batman, Indiana Jones. . .whew. That's a whole lot for one geek to ingest. Somehow I managed, but the seats were a little sticky when I left. Heh.

Iron Man kicked ass and the whole thing was just spot-on from start to finish. All the little geek details were in place. There was humor without it becoming goofy. There was action that wasn't too concerned with realism, but they still somehow made Iron Man feel real. Well, real enough anyway. There's not a lot to say other than that (there is, but I don't want to get all worked up into a nerd froth). Having read The Ultimates (the updated Avengers for those who don't know), seeing the little bit after the credits was beyond cool.

Indiana Jones has been one of my heroes since I was 10 years old and this new one actually looks great. We'll wait and see, but I heard that Harrison Ford threatened to walk off the set if they followed through on their idea of CGing the whip. There is hope. The new Hulk trailer looks like a lot of smashing and roaring, which I obviously condone. Then there was the Dark Knight trailer. I've always been a fan of the Joker, but never felt any movie did the psycho any justice. This looks like someone finally gets the fact that Joker is a scary, murdering SOB and not just a snappy dresser. This movie looks unbelievable. The only Batman villain I like better than Joker is Two Face and I hear he's showing up in this as well. YOWZA!!!

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.