Friday, February 22, 2008

A rare weather post...the moon doesn't count


I know it's winter. I know winter is supposed to be cold. This is something else, though. This is worthy of mention on a journal that I would never want to devolve into a discussion about the weather. This is the kind of snot-freezing cold that freezes the pee in the pee tubes (I'm not a doctor, all right?). This is the type of cold that effects my work. Fortunately, I'm a writer so it's a good effect. I get to wear my jammies at my desk and sip hot tea or coffee or whatever while nodding appreciatively at the sounds of people trying to start their cars outside. It's the sort of cold that makes me love my job. Writing isn't easy and it can tax the fortitude of the strongest of souls, but it does have its perks. I may not get health benefits or annual raises, but I do get to skip the morning commute through this demonic kind of winter day specifically designed to shrink certain male parts into raisins. Just let me have this, ok? Everyone else gets things like "retirement benefits" and "job security". I get to flagrantly throw up air quotes instead of scraping my windshield at 7AM. Wait...I guess those were real quotes. Ah, screw it.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.