Friday, March 27, 2009

Must be on the right track

I always know something is going well with a writing project when it truly doesn't feel like work. While writing Skinners #3 (and 1-2 for that matter) it just doesn't feel like a job. There have been some projects that felt like pulling proverbial teeth. Most of them fall into the "it's great to be paid for this" category, but it's best when I feel like I'm slacking on my job because I'm spending so much time doing Skinners (which IS my job).

Now don't get me wrong. These books ARE work. In fact, I put more into these than the ones that feel like a chore. That's just because I want every little thing to be just right. Every reader isn't going to think all of the finished product as "just right", but that's subjective.

I did have a truly geeky moment the other day. I was taking a break and talking to Megan when I mentioned how strange it is to have people out there reading Blood Blade and awaiting the next ones. While writing the first two, nothing was on the shelves yet. Now, my immediate family and I aren't the only ones who know about Cole, Paige, Full Bloods and all of that good stuff. I've gotten emails asking about the future storyline or what will happen to certain characters. Hell, I've written emails like that about other series. Now, I'M the one who decides the real answers. This crap on my monitor isn't just a manuscript. It's CANON!

That may be a little overboard, but it's still cool. So, there's where I'm at right now and it feels good. There will be plenty of time for the down slides in the months to come. Fair warning.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.