Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'd like to report that there's nothing to report

More snow here in Omaha. Considering it is January and everything, that's really not newsworthy. Since it's not newsworthy, I might as well let it drop.

Let's see...what else?

Skinners 4 is coming along. I'm almost done with the first draft and I like the way things are shaping up. I did have a plan going in to this, but it's nice to have that plan actually shape up instead of the characters doing their darnedest to make plans of their own. I'm excited for the series in general. Lots of good stuff coming, so stick with me!

Haven't been doing a ton of gaming. Just working on games I'd already started. Haven't even gotten through the main storyline of Modern Warfare 2. Between the Special Ops missions and multiplayer, there's a lot to keep me busy on that one. Darksiders came out yesterday. I've been trying to watch the spending, but I was tempted to pick that one up. Who wouldn't want to play a game as one of the Four Horsemen AFTER the apocalypse? I kept walking down that Best Buy aisle and was good, though.

Megan's cooking stew today. That's one of my "old man" pleasures. Hot beef stew on a cold day. I hate getting all Wilford Brimley-esque, but there it is.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.