Thursday, July 10, 2008

Agent say relax

Lately, I’ve been pushing myself a little too hard. The funny thing is that I didn’t realize it until my agent told me to take a breath and relax. Normally, my agent is the one asking for stuff to sell or requesting edits or whatever, but this time she actually told me to just chill. You would have thought the month-long tension headaches would have told me I’m wound a bit too tightly, but no. Sure, I lose my breath while talking about all my projects in the works or the upcoming ones, but there’s nothing wrong with that, right?

I’m just enthusiastic.

My cat was enthusiastic when he used to run into a room and head-butt my leg. When he ran in circles for no apparent reason until he was wheezing like an asthmatic kid forced to do the shuttle run, that’s just being hyper. Alas, I was the latter and now I realize it. Ugh. You think all the video games, crappy movies, TV and other short-attention-span entertainment is a factor? Oddly, no. Those things actually untie the knots in my shoulders and I tie them up again when I try to figure out a way to work on four different projects in one month while still keeping each one PERFECT.

I love being my own boss and I’m very fortunate to get paid doing what I love. Unfortunately, as a boss, I’m a ball-busting slave driver with one employee who gets to feel every lash from the whip. I guess this is another way my agent earns her percentage. After listening to me babble on about a hundred different projects and a thousand different places to sell those projects, she’s earned a damn medal. Now I know why she and my wife trade sympathetic eye rolls pointed in my direction when they see each other face to face.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.