Saturday, August 9, 2008

What do YOU want for Christmas little boy?


Ok, so maybe I couldn’t get the life sized werewolf statue, but I got me a freaking Lancer Rifle, baby!!!! Well, I pre-ordered it anyway and it looks pretty cool. For those who don’t know, the Lancer is the main weapon from the game Gears of War. More than your standard shooter rifle, this one has a chainsaw bayonet; one of those simple, yet elegant modifications that makes for some excellent spray during those up-close encounters. Speaking of excellent spray, my reaction to seeing this replica gun (ok…big toy) isn’t exactly something I’m proud of.

Still, this thing looks f’ing awesome. It’s being released with Gears of War 2 this November through Amazon.com. It’s life size, has a removable clip, a fold-out side handle for those heavy fire engagements and…wait for it…a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time!!! No, that’s a BB gun reference from A Christmas Story. This one does actually make the chainsaw sound and rumbles when you pull the trigger. Don’t roll your eyes at me! It’s better than that little helmet that came with the Super Special Edition of Halo 3.

Needless to say, my wife isn’t happy about this. She can handle the inevitable appearance of this gun in just about any family photo op for the next year or two. She doesn’t even mind me being such a flaming geek. In her words, “You’re a dork, but you’re a cute dork.” She’s just not thrilled with the knowledge that, since she’s the only one in the house with me most of the time, she’ll be the victim of countless plastic chainsaw attacks. Eh, if Inspector Clouseau could get used to being ambushed in his own home, so can she.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.