Monday, July 13, 2009

Osfest schedule

This weekend is the Osfest convention. Here's a link to their web page. If any of you are in the Omaha area and would like to attend, I’ll be there with all the appropriate bells on. If you need any more temptation than that, Kevin J. Anderson will also be there. He’s written a plethora of truly great Star Wars books, plus the new Dune series and tons more than I don’t have space to list. Here’s what my official schedule at the con looks like:

Friday the 17th: 3pm – Publishing panel: Big Boys to Vanity
4pm – I’ll be doing a reading. This is the one I’m really nervous about. I don’t do a lot of readings, so I hope to do some Q & A or anything else to spare folks the ordeal of listening to my public reading voice.

Saturday the 18th: 4pm – 2 hour mass autograph session. I’m hoping to snag a few people who get bored while waiting to get their Star Wars and Dune books signed.

Sunday the 19th: 1pm – A panel called, “Worst Mistakes by Beginning Writers”.

That’s the panel and event schedule as far as my involvement is concerned. I plan on hanging around a lot so if you attend, feel free to say hello. I’ll be the guy with the glasses and black t-shirt. Wait a minute. I’ll also wear a name tag to narrow that field down a bit. Hope to see some of you there!

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.