Friday, March 13, 2009

Today's post...the Deluxe Edition

I picked up Resident Evil 5 today, which marks the end of The Great Game Flood of March '09. This week was pretty bad, including Madworld and a few other games for the Wii. Madworld is freaking awesome and I'll get back to that later. What struck me today was how close I was to plunking down thirty extra bucks for the super-deluxe boxed edition of RE 5.

Here's what you get for the extra cash. Of course, you get the Resident Evil 5 game and an extra disk with videos and probably some gamer pics. There's also a figurine of one character, a necklace that's probably worn by another character, a document bag with the bad guy company logo on it and a patch with the good guy company logo. Plus, I think there was a book with art and other miscellaneous crap. As I stood there in Best Buy, I actually contemplated all the cool things I could do with that bonus swag. I could carry my documents in that bag. Wouldn't that be GREAT? I could sew that patch onto my jacket!! I could give the necklace to Megan for a minor holiday of some sort. I could place that figurine among the Gears of War guys on my desk!! They could have a war!!! YEAH!!!!!!

Then I realized something. I don't carry documents around. I don't wear a jeans jacket or anything else that would support a patch and I've got more than enough plastic people shooting each other on top of my desk. Nice try, Capcom. You came THIS close to having my extra $30. I'd feel pretty good about myself if I hadn't already gone on record for plunking down the extra cash for a replica Lancer when I bought Gears 2. Oh well. There's only so much will power to go around.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.