Monday, August 3, 2009

Down time

It's amazing how much stuff can get crammed into a block of time allotted for "relaxing". My dad and step-Mom have been in town, so that's kept me busy. There was all the necessary clean-up before they arrived, which was a fun couple of days. Not that the place is filthy, but let's just say I'm not one who's opposed to a bit of friendly clutter. As you might have surmised from all the blogs about comic books, action figures, movies and video games, I've got a lot of stuff that any outsider might label "crap".

We've also been watching the Torchwood miniseries, Children of Earth. Megan and I are huge fans of the show and this 5-part series is one of the best story lines we've seen in a while. Lots of action, cool aliens, cliffhangers and surprises. For the most part, the usual excellence from that show. And speaking of BBC goodness, we've just gotten into Being Human. Watched the first show and I really liked it. They sort of jumped right in without much explanation as to why a vampire, werewolf an ghost are living together (unless it got edited out due to time constraints) which bugged Megan more than it did me. I want to know what's going on, but I've got faith that they'll explain everything in good time. BBC genre shows haven't let me down yet. Whenever I try to explain Being Human's premise to someone, it sounds like I'm setting up a joke. "Ok, so a vampire and werewolf go into a bar. A ghost walks up to them and says..."

The new batch of Gears of War 2 maps came out. Megan's addicted to Horde mode and has become scary with the sniper-headshot action. Very nice!

Another thing that occupied me over the last week was a ghost hunt. It was the first one where I got to investigate someone's home. Nothing really happened while we were there, but there's still the evidence to sift through later this week. I've got my fingers crossed for a nice little vortex to show up in one of our pics. Maybe a demonic voice on my digital recorder. You know, nothing fancy.

That's about it for now. Abby's crossing both sets of doggie legs, so I should probably take her for a walk.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.