Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tick, tick, tock



The ticker on the side of the screen is almost down to zero. It's gotten to the point where nothing short of a time-space wormhole opening to emit a stream of party streamers can live up to all this buildup. Sure, it'll be great to go see Blood Blade on the shelves, but life won't switch over to some new flavor. If anything, it'll slowly change into something chocolate-minty (if I'm lucky).


I've been getting sicker over the last few days. Nothing too drastic, but just a growing itchy spot in my throat accompanied by a wad of mucus that's evolving into its own life form. That way, I should be nice and sick for the first Skinners signing. Of course I have to talk to someone bright and early tomorrow, which means I'll probably sound like a wino with a throat full of wet gravel.


I think my favorite new TV show so far is Lie to Me. I've liked Tim Roth in pretty much everything I've seen him in and this is no exception. It's refreshing to see something in the prime time mystery / thriller genre that hasn't been overdone, flipped over and done some more. This coming from the vampire and werewolf fan, right? Oh well.

This is what happens without editors

I'm Marcus Pelegrimas, author of the SKINNERS series. Here you'll find various ramblings about movies, video games, TV, and...oh yeah...those books I write. If there's anything you'd like to discuss, just let me know. I try to update whenever the mood strikes me, so feel free to leave comments. There may be some occasional foul language, but anyone who's too easily offended probably doesn't read my stuff anyway.

Free Stuff

Here's how it goes. As usual, I've got my truckload of promo covers from EOS Books. I'll be going to some conventions, so I hope to see you there and I'll gladly sign your books. If you can't make it to a con, just email me your name, address and any inscription so I can send you a signed cover.


BONUS ---> If you would be so kind as to write up a review for any or all Skinners books and publish it on a site like Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders, or any other major review site, I can send you something extra. I made up some bookmarks (which I'll sign) and I've even put together some Shimmy's VIP passes (which I'll also sign). Can't guarantee the passes will get you into a real strip club, but I think they look pretty cool. Send me a link to your review along with your name, address and inscription, and I'll get these out to you as well.